Hey Dad....is this what you call a road trip? Nova Scotia - PEI in Uncle Mark's big honkin' Ford F150 Supercab. Whoo hoo....this is the life.
Daddy with his eyes on the road.
You're doin' great Dad....full steam ahead!
Even Gracie seemed pretty content in her car seat.
Land ho! Driving across the Confederation Bridge with PEI in our sights!
First stop....Cows Ice Cream! A PEI tradition.
Now this is a cow! I am going to have to pretend that the Bobcaygeon cow is a big bovine when I ride it next week. Don't worry Daddy, I won't tell Grampa that his cow is a calf! No Bull Bill!
How embarrassing! I didn't know you were going to take my picture Dad.
The red pigtails suit you a lot better Mommy!
On the grounds of Green Gables.
Even Gracie enjoyed the gardens.
In front of the famous Green Gables home. Anyone seen Anne?
Avonlea afternoon. Daddy and I outside the fisherman's workshop.
Dressed in period costume. Life wasn't much fun back then judging by the smile on my face!
Ok....even a po'boy can ham it up!
Gracie wanted nothing to do with the red pigtails. Sorry Papa!
But without her bonnet, she made a bonnie lassie ready for an afternoon cupa.
Here's Gracie and I heading off to school in the carriage.
After our fun in the dress up shop, it was off to the horsey rides. I don't know why someone always has to walk along side?
Then off to the horsey wagon! Is this heaven?
Back to Cows....Daddy took the photo when I was trying to get out the last drop of melted ice cream.
Heading to the beaches of Cavendish.
Can't you just smell that fresh sea air?
Wild flowers were plenty.
And the smiles were infectious.
The famous red sands that make up the island make for pretty pictures and wonderful memories. PEI we will return!
No comments:
Post a Comment