Psalms 139:13-14
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made,
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
On Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 11:42 pm. I entered the outside world for the first time. I weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz which was a little smaller than expected, but I was getting pretty tired of the same food every day for 8 1/2 months!
As Mommy recovered from the birth - Daddy followed the nursing staff for the official weigh in and obigitory head to toe check up. They hooked me up to a bunch of monitors to make sure that everything was working okay. And they baked me under a lamp for hours just to keep my temperature up. (I hear people do this all the time during the wintertime) Anyways, it was awesome when Mom could join us a few hours later for our first family get together. Grama W. even joined us on that first night.
We then had to spend 4 more days in the hospital as Mommy recovered and they tested a bunch of stuff to make sure I was ready to face the outside world. And finally, on Thursday, November 2 we all got to go home. Mommy & Daddy had to agree on what I would be named given they would want to start telling everybody as soon as they got me home.
Mommy & Daddy decided that my name will be Kenneth Charles. I am proud to be named after Kenneth Raine who is my great grandfather who lives in Estevan, Sk. I am the first great-grandchild for him - and the first grandchild for Grama Marion & Grandpa Don. Can you say "spoiled?" (wink wink). I am lucky #7 grandchild for Nannie & Grampa in Bobcaygeon. I am to be the first of a new generation for the entire Raine family. I am a new nephew for Uncle Doug, Uncle Don & Auntie Sue, Uncle Scott & Auntie Ellen & for Uncle Joey. Daddy is pretty concerned already about me spending time with Uncle Joey....he is afraid of me wearing Wranglers and big belt buckles! And I am born with 6 cousins....Dan, Justine, Kristen, Kyle, Samantha & Jamieson.
I will use my new blog to keep everyone posted on activities in my new life. Check in often to see what I am up to!
Do you think Grama is glad that I've arrived??
1 comment:
What a wonderful idea Donaleisa:-) Dave, thanks for posting and sharing your memories with us. Charlie is adorable~
Diane
Post a Comment